I was inspired by a fellow blogger last week (Thanks, Julie!) to compile two Top Ten lists…one of things I love, and one of things I hate. It may be a short post, but it’s definitely thought out and gives you a better glimpse at who I am. Enjoy!
My Love List
1) God. I really love church and reading my daily devotional. It puts me in the right frame of mind each day.
2) Trashy reality TV. I hate to admit it, but I’m a sucker for The Real Housewives.
3) Going to pet stores or shelters. I love to look at and play with the puppies.
4) Halloween and Christmas. I can’t describe it, but these two holidays give me unspeakable joy and excitement. My decorating may be a bit overboard! (;
5) Ice cream. It’s a disease, I swear! It’s always been my weakness, and was a reward for my grades in high school and a bribe for remaining positive during surgery or at a doctor’s appointment to this day.
6) My family. Did I mention they are the ones who plagued me with my love of ice cream? But really, I am an only child and have the best mom and dad in the world. I don’t know what I would do without them…we have such fun together!
7) Feeling comfortable with people. I am lucky that I make friends quickly and easily, because I can only open up once I get to know people. Most teachers would think I am the shiest person around, but I am the life of the party with friends and family. I am always dancing, singing, saying off the wall things, and never sleeping. I love being able to be myself, and constantly feeling happy.
8) Medicine and doctors. You never remember how wonderful it is to be healthy until you are sick. I am so thankful medicine helps get us healthy faster or make us feel better in the meantime!
9) NPR. I just started listening to NPR this year, and it makes my drives out of town or to work in the morning SO good. I am not exaggerating; I look forward to driving now, even in traffic.
10) Getting e-mails/texts/Facebook notifications. Maybe it’s growing up in an era of technology, but I love seeing a notification telling me I have some sort of message. I always get excited about who it could be and what possible plans I have to look forward to. Don’t get me wrong, though, I am not attached to technology and LOVE face-to-face interaction tenfold! (=
My Numbered Negatives
1) Certain bicyclists. When bicyclists want the rights of cars, but don’t follow the traffic laws, it puts them in danger. I am also not a fan of them not wearing helmets.
2) Worry. Having a personality that is constantly anxious or worrying about anything you can imagine puts way too much stress on your body.
3) Negative messages. I especially dislike society’s emphasis on being “skinny” rather than healthy.
4) Judgment. I truly believe we should remove the plank in our own eye before lecturing about the speck of dust in someone else’s.
5) Name-dropping. I hate when people drop the name of a person or place, or even their salary figure, to try to impress you. Trust me, I find it much more impressive when you are humble.
6) Seafood. I wish I liked it because it is so healthy, but I don’t like the smell, taste, or idea of it. It’s a disappointment to my dad, but alas…
7) Interviews. Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful when I get an interview. However, they make me so nervous, I find them incredibly awkward, and I hate when the company is unprofessional. If they say they will call by Thursday evening either way, and you get an e-mail the following Tuesday, it’s kind of the pits.
8) Crowds. I love people, but used to get panic attacks in very crowded places. I am a bit claustrophobic and need to be able to breathe, and see an escape route, ha ha! Also, in places like malls, airports, and especially Disney World, please move your giant party and stroller to the side to stop and look at the map. When crowds abruptly stop in the middle of a walkway and I run into them, it’s not the best of memories.
9) Drama/fighting. I like to let the little things go, and rarely get into fights with friends, family, or strangers. Sometimes I hear stories that simply don’t sound real, or I see people getting up in arms about a disagreement over Angry Birds on the iPhone. It’s just not for me.
10) Biting nails. Really, this one gets me. I don’t like to see it happening, see the end result, hear it, or anything. I don’t know why, but it gives me goose bumps and I just hate it! I had to sit with my neck in the most awkward position to avoid watching my roommate chomp away through an entire movie. I know it’s a habit, but I always have disliked it, always will.